With a new year rolling around, it’s the perfect time to review where you can find the best wetsuits for surfing for the coming season. As any seasoned surfer would say, your own wetsuit will help you get the most out of surfing and swimming in the big deep blue waters for these important reasons:
- Beginner Boost – novice surfers and ocean adventurers find wetsuits aid them in their efforts, particularly by its improved buoyancy.
- Energy Conservation – again thanks to its buoyancy, you don’t work so hard while out in the ocean.
- Enjoyment – you can still enjoy the waters in extreme weather conditions.
- Insulation – wetsuits can keep you warm even in cold ocean waters.
- Safety – extra protection for your skin makes sense when in open waters.
- Speed – both its buoyancy and a special water-repelling coating means you can go faster than usual.
- Rules – some surf events and activities may require wetsuits to participate.
- Utility – wetsuits are designed to enhance and improve mobility in both calm and turbulent waters.
Now that you better understand the benefits of a good quality wetsuit, check out our summary of the five best wetsuits for surfing this coming 2021 season. We’ve also provided a closer look at each contender to help you drill down into the details before you buy.
The Best Wetsuits for Surfing – 2021
We scoured the Internet to find you the best wetsuits for surfing, using the following factors to produce a fair comparison and scoring system:
- Design – different stitching and body adherence styles can affect mobility.
- Ease of Use – the simplicity of donning and removing wetsuits matters.
- Material – evaluating quality of the materials used in manufacturing.
- Price – you can be budget-conscious and still find the right wetsuit.
Each factor starts at a perfect ten, and is then adjusted for any deficiencies or drawbacks. The final numbers are then added together and divided by four to determine the overall score (with a score of 10 being perfect – and impossible to attain). Keep in mind, though, that all five of the wetsuits listed remain highly recommended and well-rated, meaning you cannot go wrong with any choice you see below.
Here are your five recommended best wetsuits for surfing for 2021:
- O’Neill Psycho Tech – Overall score of 9.35; selected “Best Overall“
- Quiksilver Highline Pro 1MM – Overall score of 9.25
- Finisterre Nieuwland 3E – Overall score of 9.2; selected “Best Midrange“
- Olaian 4/3mm Neoprene Wetsuit 100 – Overall score of 9.05; selected “Best Value“
- Patagonia R3 Yulex FZ – Overall score of 9.0
Next, take a deeper dive (pun intended!) to get a closer look at each of the five best wetsuits for surfing…
Details on Your Five Best Wetsuits for Surfing
1. O’Neill Psycho Tech
This company has a strong and positive reputation as a premium manufacturer of wetsuits for all seasons and persons. But as is usual with leaders in…
Read more:: 5 Best Wetsuits For Surfing For 2021